1. Language school

As a bilingual country of English as well as French, it is not difficult for Canada to attract students from all over the world flocking to this country to cultivate both languages. Language schools in Canada have thousands of intensive english and French programs, both long and short with all majors and majors for everyone to choose from.

Depending on the program that you study theory in class, you will practice through sightseeing activities, club activities in the school,….

Basically, all universities, colleges and language schools have ESL and FSL programs. Most FSL courses are concentrated in Quebec. These courses have a very flexible admission time that allows students as much as possible. Each program and course can last from 2-3 months or 1 year depending on your choice. The Government of Canada creates conditions for students from all over the world to study and live in this country. So if you only take a 2-3 month course then you are exempt from applying for a student visa.

Around 90pc of children starting secondary school in Norfolk in 2019 will be going to their first choice school, according to data from Norfolk County Council. Picture: Getty Images

The requirement for language schools is also quite simple, you just need to complete the form and pay the fee for the school to send you an offer. You will have to apply for a student visa for courses or programs lasting more than 6 months, adding a medical certificate if the program lasts up to more than 20 weeks.

2. Training programs at universities

Canadian universities typically offer programs from September and end in May, each divided into 2-3 semesters. You have a wide choice from programs to obtain certificates to PhD courses.

Canada is a bilingual country, so international students have the option of learning either English or French. Canadian universities generally do not require students to submit standardized language test results. However, each school designs a language test for students enrolled.

For English language programs, TOEFL certificates are the most commonly accepted, and some schools accept IELTS or MELAB certificates. In addition to an out-of-language certificate, in order for you to apply to a Canadian school, you need to graduate from high school with a minimum of decent type or higher, accompanied by personal essays, letters of recommendation, applications and other extracurricular certificates.

3. University College

The biggest difference between college and university is that in smaller classrooms, closer student relationships and closer student support services. As the name titled, here you can find a lot of different academic programs such as undergraduate orientation programs, skills-oriented programs, short courses for Certificate or Diploma… or college transfer program.

The duration of study between programs also varies, if you study to get a certificate, it will be 1-3 years depending on the requirements of each program, each school. Undergraduate programs usually last four years. College entry requirements are the same as other programs: Ielts certificate at least 6.0, high school graduation or higher, taking additional school exams or completing some basic subjects before admission.

4. Vocational schools

Vocational schools in Canada usually have a training period of 1-3 years., even short courses only within a few months. Basically the content of study is the same as in colleges and universities. However, it will be more about skill practice, besides the school also creates conditions for students to go to internships or paid internships.

Foreign language input requirements of vocational schools are only IELTS 5.0 or higher, after 2-3 years students have the right to get a degree to work or can transfer to university level.